Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Seeing From A Different Perspective

When I was going through a recent upheaval in life, I thought it was the end of the world.  I wasn't sure how I would get through it.  It felt bigger than me.  It felt like it would never end and I would not make it.  We all have those difficult moments in life.

The surprising thing is, I did make it.  In fact, I'm making it very well now.  There is so much that is happening and doors are opening.  I'm seeing things in an entirely new way and meeting people that are anxious to help me.  It is a complete turnaround from what it was about 3 months ago.

Often we go through experiences and we think they are the worst thing that can happen.  Yet, when we get through them, they look different than they did when we were in the middle of them.  It not only shows us our resilience, but it proves that there is much more at play than what we can sometimes see.

A couple of events happened when I began to step out of this situation which caused me to take further action and make decisions I was not expecting.  As I did those, I had no idea how they would impact my days ahead.  Now I can see that it helped shove me out of the nest.  It pushed me into the direction that I am now going.

Do I still deal with the emotional toll this previous situation was taking on me?  Yes, I do.  However, I'm letting it go more and more and as I do, I'm learning so much more.  I'm seeing so many opportunities that I could not see.  I am impacting the lives of other people in ways I never thought would happen.

Sometimes we go through those difficult moments in life because they are meant for us to take action.  Sometimes we go through those moments because they help us learn.  Yes, I know that if you're in the middle of a horrible situation, you're probably thinking I am nuts.  I've been there.  I truly know how you feel.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will get there.  Everything will work out and I believe it will work out in the way that it is supposed to be.  It might be tough to see it now, but when you get to the other side, take a moment to look back and see it from a different perspective.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 12/15/15 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”