Saturday, December 5, 2015

Emotional Challenges

Some events come along and boy do they ever knock you on your butt.  These emotional challenges aren't easy to deal with in a day.  They run away like a train with no conductor going down a mountainside.

It seems like there have been far too many of these lately.  I struggle to hang on at times.  I struggle to continue on.  The emotional challenges batter me hard.

Yes, I'm strong.  Yes, I have tools and support to help me through them.  It just doesn't stop them from coming and taking over my life.

They are a challenge.  They are exhausting.  I so want them to end.  I so want them to go away and never ever come back again.

I wish upon a star that they are gone.  I recite mantras that they will never appear again.  Yet these emotional challenges just find their way into my life.


I want to hide.  I want to run.  I want to never have any of them find me again.  Where can I go?  Where can I flee?  For in the still moments, these emotional challenges will find me and hunt me down.

My head is swirling.  My heart is racing.  I struggle to keep going, but what other alternative do I have?  I could quit and give up, but where would that get me?

No, it isn't easy with emotional challenges.  I know they are challenges in life that often give me deeper healing.  Unfortunately when you're in the middle of them, that's the last thing on your mind.

I will carry on.  I will put one foot in front of the other.  I will lean on others when I need to and hunker down when I need a break.

Its all I can do in this moment of emotional challenges.  Its all I can do to find my way through. Once I've regained my strength, it is then that I will begin to climb the mountain once again.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 11/27/15 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”