Tuesday, December 15, 2015

This Is For The Cats

I saw a social media post the other day where they posted a picture and to me it was quite disturbing.  It said, "When petting cats, be sure to not activate their murder button."   I'm still in disbelief.  This blog post is for the cats!

Even though they tried to explain that when you pet some cats, they would be purring and happy one moment, but they attack you out of the blue for no apparent reason.  I'm still in disbelief.

Never have I had a cat or any animal attack me.  Maybe I'm different, but animals just don't attack me.  Of course, I don't do things to irritate them.  I don't do unconscious things that make them attack me.

Unfortunately this was posted on a cat rescue site and it saddens me.  It saddens me that people who claim to love cats and know what is best for them, are obviously not what they think they are.  You can't tell me that having this experience is normal.


Cats are very intelligent creatures as are most animals.  They don't just attack without giving you a warning in body language that they dislike what you are doing.  If you're not reading the cat, then I guess it would surprise you when they attack.

Things should not get to the point of attack though because if it does, the human is the one with the problem.  It saddens me so much to see this for I know it doesn't have to be this way.  Of course, I do realize if there is some illness that would bring this out in a cat, but it is not normal behavior.

Try being with the cat, rather than forcing them to accept what it is you think they want.  Each cat is different.  Each cat likes different things and interacts with their humans in ways that are appropriate.

If a cat is attacking you, then by all means you should take off the blinders and see why that is happening.  They reflect and mirror back you to yourself.  So, maybe the best place to stop this is within yourself.

I'll never understand why humans don't get animals.  I understood them long before I can remember.  Animals know far more than humans are consciously aware of most days.  This "murder button" doesn't exist in a cat.  It exists in you!

Dear Cats, on behalf of humans I apologize for those that are too unconscious to see what they are really doing.  Forgive them, for they know not what they do.  Hopefully they will learn sooner rather than later and we'll all live happily ever after.

Note:  Our cat Topanga, posed was gracious and posed just for this blog article.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 12/5/15 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”