Monday, December 21, 2015

Valuing My Time

If it would not have been for what a healer did for me, I would not have made it this far.  While I don't want to go into specifics, I had no money for so long, but needed his therapy services.  We bartered through some of these points in time and I'm so thankful and grateful that we did.

If he would have just said no, I will not barter with you and charged me full price, then I would not have made it this far.  I have had a difficult road to travel.  He and I both knew that in time, my life would start touching many others, but I had to go through the difficult stuff to get there.

Now as I learn to value my time, I also realize that money is not my motivating force for doing what i am doing.  However, I also know that I need to live and enjoy life, so I cannot give my services away free.

Just like with myself, when someone comes to me that needs to find their way back in life, I'm going to do all I can to help them do that.  Money is important and so is valuing my time, but there is a higher purpose to these moments.  I let my intuition guide me.


Sometimes though in lieu of money, there are things that we can learn from a client.  I have one of those situations and I know I provided this to the healer that helped me.  In fact, the more I helped the healer figure out how to work with me, the more he is able to help so many others.  Sometimes money is not the only currency.

I struggle with those that charge exorbitant fees to people in trying to heal them.  Yes, I know they need an income in life, but when healing becomes the point of being only about high fees, I cringe.  Maybe that's my own issues, but to me, those that really need the help aren't the ones with the most money.

While I think that it is necessary to help others, I also know that if you don't watch out, these same people will not value your time.  You have to be careful and trust your intuition to guide you in this.  I can't say what works for me, works for everyone.

At the end of the day, there is a higher purpose calling me that I clearly see.  I know not everyone understands how I value my time, but I will continue to step forward in faith, trusting my intuition to help guide me.

There are far too many out there that are hurting to only focus on money in my view.  Yet, if I don't value my time whether it is through money or other benefits, than I will not be able to be there for those that truly are willing to transform their lives.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 12/10/15 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”