Friday, July 9, 2010

Fear Of The Dentist, Part 2

**Note: For full details please read PART 1 and PART 3 **

From My Daily Journal: I am very scared and full of fears at this moment and instead of sweeping them under the rug, I am going to acknowledge them. For today is my dentist appointment. Last night was so difficult to sleep worrying about it and dealing with the pain of the tooth.

To be very honest, I'm not sure what all my fears are. However, without a doubt, I know they are there. I can feel my pulse increase and my heart beat overtime as I acknowledge the fear within me at this moment.

The anxiety of what will happen, how I will react, is alive and growing within me. The anxiety of just being anxious is trying to engulf me.

These feelings and emotions are not new. They are estranged bedfellows to me. Yet, they feed off of me as their last meal just before starvation. My hope is that they get their bellies full and move on to their next victims. They only laugh and scoff at me in these thoughts.

May I today reach way down into that area that seems to not exist in this moment, and find the courage I need. While I'm there reaching, may I also find the comfort and peace to know that it is going to be all right. I'm going to get through this. I'm much stronger than I realize.

Please, Angels, I ask that I will have the courage, comfort and peace that I need. May I allow myself to just be in all of this as the day unfolds.



*For more articles, check out the Mind Body Thoughts Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”