Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Allowing Things To Change

Sometimes I so badly want things to change in life. My fears try to get the best of me and self confidence falls to an all time low. I am constantly reminded though, that all of this is part of my journey. I need to allow it to unfold and let the prompts in life guide me.

Allowing is difficult to do in life. For when things seem so noisy and stressful, you just want to move through them as quickly as you can. However, it is most likely the same as the song Garth Brooks sings, "I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance". It is part of the process, no matter how difficult the process may become.

Of course, the frustration, pain and discomfort is messages of prompting to help find our way. They are like bumper railings in life. Sometimes though, it is easy to focus on the bumps and not on the path.

It takes courage, determination and staying open to all that we experience. What we may see today that makes no sense in this moment, may be the cement we use to build tomorrow's bricks for our path.

*For more articles, check out the Mind Body Thoughts Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”