Wednesday, August 31, 2011

$99 For Life Threatening Botox

One of the Groupon Ads that I saw this morning was for Botox!  It was a special price of $99 instead of the regular $275 price.  Isn't $99 a little cheap to potentially kill yourself? I say that in jest.

After all, if you read down to the end of the ad, it says, "Botox may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening, including problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing."  Wow, how much of that can we sign ourselves up for?  I wonder if we can buy in bulk?

If you keep reading, you see that it may cause muscle lost, muscle weakening, double vision, blurred vision, hoarseness, loss of voice, loss of bladder control, trouble breathing and trouble swallowing.  Wow, is all I can say!  I don't know even how to respond to that.  The information even talks about the effects of Botox spreading out to other areas of the body away from the injection site.


Why do people think that putting botulimun toxin in their body is a good thing?  Do they just absolutely care nothing about their body?

I understand people want to look good and they think that by introducing toxins into their body, they are doing something that makes them feel good.  However, just what part of this doesn't sink in?  Would you go out and drink battery acid if someone told you it would add 25 years to your life?  Would you drink cyanide if someone said it would make life easy to tolerate?  Would you go and eat food with botulism in it?

We only have one body and if we treat it as if it is nothing more than something that gives us a place in the food chain of this world, are we really human?  Do we even know what it means to be human?  If this is the evolution of our species, than we are going downhill at record speeds.

Amazingly, by the time I saw this ad, over 240 coupons had been sold on Groupon!  I'm speechless because I would never have guessed in a million years that there were this many people using this product in the area I live in.

If we don't wake up as a human race and begin to understand what it means to be connected to our body, we are going to have a rude awakening one of these days.  You can fool the body for awhile but at some point, it will catch up.  You might think you are fine and nothing will happen, but when it does, it may be too late.

We need to learn how to take care of ourselves each day and focus on what truly matters to life.  Becoming more connected to ourselves, is the way we will not only improve our life but also help our overall physical condition.  When we fail to release stress and trauma from our body, it not only affects how we appear physically but it takes a toll on our physical health.  Yes, we can go to the doctor and get all kinds of medications for every symptom under the sun, but if we fail to take care of our body, it will fail to take care of us. 

Of course, botox is by prescription only.  Another wonderful thing by our medical establishment.  I guess when a doctor's oath says "do no harm", it doesn't mean a thing!  Unbelievable, what we do to our body in the name of illusions!  Yes, I'm sure there have been plenty of studies to validate the effectiveness of botox.  And I'm sure pigs will begin flying any moment now.

Please note, that the statements presented in this blog post are my opinion and while I stick by my opinions, they should not be taken as fact.  The statements I make in a blog post such as this are to make the reader think a little more about their life and in a way that maybe they are closed to at this moment.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post & Images (c) 8/27/11 Don Shetterly - use by permission only
http://www.donshetterly.com

If any part of this post is used or shared, a link back to this site is required.
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Please ask for permission before reprinting this article. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. thank you, I shared this on my facebook.. I remember my dentist using a bit of botox on my jaw, because she was worried about me grinding my teeth too much while I slept..although, it was used for a reason...I wasn't aware of soo many possible side effects...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous - I had no idea that a dentist would use this. I'm glad you shared that with us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your website the other day and after reading a handful of posts, thought I would say thank you for all the great content. Keep it coming! I will try to stop by here more often.

    ReplyDelete

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”