Thursday, August 30, 2012

Onions And Garlic Hurt My Stomach

Even though I try hard to stay away from certain foods, sometimes it is unavoidable.  It seems like everything in this world has to have onions and garlic in it to be called food.  Yes, I know how healthy and beneficial these things are and how great they taste.  However, if your stomach becomes upset from them, it is hard to accept the health benefits.

I know I have written about this subject before, (see Phantom Smells Of Trauma, Onions) but yesterday I had some foods that had onions and garlic in them.  My stomach hurt with pains that felt like someone was inside of me punching the exterior wall of my abdomen with as much force and frequency as they could.  Normally I get very warm and a headache starts, but this did not happen this time.

In fact, I think I have actually gotten better with this food allergy or food sensitivity with onions and garlic than I was not long ago.  I have virtually cut out diary and I actually believe that has helped me.  In addition to that, I've been doing some intense healing work on myself, which is probably accounting for the change.


One of the things I notice though is just how it messes with the mental and psychological processes of my mind.  Not only does the onion and garlic cause physical pain, but I can feel myself becoming so emotional I want to cry.  I can also feel myself becoming so irritable and angry as a result.  While I recognize that there is an emotion to it, I still have not found the root cause or the complete depth of my healing from this food allergy.

I actually love the taste of onions and garlic.  In fact, onions were one of the first things my brother and I grew in our little garden we had as kids.  It was not until a few years ago that I became intolerant of onions and garlic in my diet.  I long for a day I can eat them without feeling sick and emotional.  After all, there are very few food products that don't include these as ingredients.

One day, it will most likely change as it has been recently.  Until then, it is not fun to experience this and I only wish that food manufacturers and chefs could understand that you don't need to put onion and garlic in everything you create.  You can make delicious dishes without these things.  I know I for one would so appreciate this and I'm sure I am not alone.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 8/27/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”