Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom

Dear Mom,

Even though you are no longer here, I cannot let the day go by without remembering your birthday. You always made birthdays special around our house with the beautiful cakes you would make for us and even the choice of what you would fix for a meal that night. A birthday was always our special day and we didn't have too many of those growing up.

I just want to remember you on this day since you are on my mind. Yes, I still remember when I tried to make my first cake for you on your birthday. I learned that you had to let a cake cool before you frosted it. It didn't matter though to you because it was the thought that counted.

Thank you Mom for staying close by me. I feel you around and I wish that our family could be so different than it is. I am not sure if it will ever be a close family or even a family that at least is able to be together for a moment here and there. All our family does it fight, abuse and act as if they are self righteous. I so wish that was different.


Anyway, Mom, I just pause to think of you today and I know you're close by me all the time.



http://mothersdaymusic.net/





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post & Images (c) 8/12/11 Don Shetterly - use by permission only
http://www.donshetterly.com

If any part of this post is used or shared, a link back to this site is required.
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Please ask for permission before reprinting this article. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”