Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Advice From Hurricane Survivors

Advice From Hurricane Survivors
With the storm that hit the Northeast part of the country, I noticed an article on CNN.com that appeared to be very helpful.  In this article, Hurricane Katrina and Joplin Tornado survivors shared some of the experiences they went through and advice they had for others in the aftermath of storm destruction. 

There is no easy way through these ordeals, but with the help of everyone in our nation, we will recover.  I have never personally had to deal with the destruction of a storm, but I have lived through many hurricanes and saw first hand the destruction and how lives were impacted.

In this article, Katrina, Joplin survivors offer advice to Sandy victims, there is some real word advice and help.  I know that when you are experiencing moments that seem like your whole world has fallen apart, it can help to know you are not alone.  It sometimes helps to learn from those that have already walked through the fires that you are currently walking through.


In my own life, I have experienced much trauma and so I understand from that perspective how difficult life can be.  I remember the days of despair, anxiety, fear and anger.  Now, I can look back at the experiences in life that I went through and see it from a different perspective than I could at that time. 

The one thing you must keep in mind is that through all of this, the sun will come up again in the morning.  No matter how dreary, dark, and awful things may appear, you will get through this.  I know that may sound impossible in this moment, but I know it to be true.

The link to the article on CNN is Katrina, Joplin survivors offer advice to Sandy victims.

If you wish to read about some of the experiences I had and the writings that came out of that, you can find it in my book, Hope And Possibility Through Trauma.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 11/1/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”