Thursday, January 3, 2013

The 51 Percent Of The Time

The 51 Percent Of The Time
Is anyone out there a perfectionist?  If you are, will you readily admit it or not?  There are many of us out there that drive our demand for perfection almost every day of our life.  We push ourselves harder than most people can understand.  We don't give up because how can one allow this into their life.

Recently someone shared something with me in regards to perfection, that I found to be very helpful.  You see, I don't allow myself to make mistakes.  It isn't that I don't make mistakes, but I get very hard on myself.  It is almost like I don't forgive myself.  As a result, I tend to hold myself back from doing what I need to do in life because if it isn't perfect, I don't want to do it.  While that is a selfish and rather irresponsible view, if I am honest, I would have to admit I do this.  Most likely I'm not alone.

This person shared with me that if we are doing what we need to in the 51 percent of the time, then we are doing what we need to do.  In reality, it means that more often than not, you are right where you need to be, doing exactly what you need to do.  We aren't going to get it right in life all the time and we are going to get knocked off our path at times.  However, if you are doing it 51 percent of the time, you're on the right track.


If you are thinking that this isn't enough, stop and consider that no one out there hits all four cylinders 100% of the time.  I mean, come on - none of us has that capability to function in our every day life and do everything exactly perfect each day.  By some chance, if you are one of those people that can do it in life 100 percent of the time, than please write the book and teach the rest of us.

Please note, that this does not account for putting others or ourselves up on pedestals thinking that individuals are prefect and without error.  Sometimes we do that with our heroes and gurus, but it is unfair to humanity when we do.  In fact, all of these people we tend to revere have the same hang-ups, issues, and struggles that we are so familiar with in our own life.

We're all human and we're all striving towards a more fulfilling life of growth and awareness and consciousness.  Just keep focusing on doing what you need to do in life at least 51 percent of the time.  If you have reached that point, than you are by far doing it more often than you are not.  It isn't about perfection, but the process of living and learning in life.  It is about a continual process of becoming more conscious in our mind and our body as we connect the two together.  Let us focus on all that we are doing, not on all that we see through the eyes of our ego as shortcomings and failures.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 11/28/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”