Friday, February 19, 2016

Struggling With Depression

Its another day, I tell myself.  I try to get up and accomplish something, but my body says, "no way, go back to bed!"  I struggle to push back, but my energy wanes.  My mind says, "go ahead and give it another shot," but I grow tired at the thought.

Depression is a life long companion.  It has robbed my life of so much.  Even as I have made great progress, it sometimes is all I can take.

It feels like a dark void with no end in sight.  It feels like a never-ending spiral sinking further and further into a deep dark hole.

Sometimes I can pull myself up more easily and sometimes I struggle to regain my footing.  Oh yes, depression is a life sucker.  Its a drain.

For now though, depression is fighting me hard.  It feels like it is winning at the moment.  I know, I've given it the power.  Now that I gave it the power, it is not wanting to relinquish control.

I wonder how much more will I need to take.  I wonder how much more must I face.  I wonder when I can one day say for certainty that depression is something I used to suffer from, not something that I still struggle with in my life.







-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 1/18/16 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”