Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Peaceful Place To Refocus

Life has been quite challenging lately for me.  I've felt like all was slipping away from me and it was tough to hang on.  I really needed to step back and refocus.

Finally after trying to stay strong and keep going, I traveled to a peaceful place to refocus.  In this case, it is Pipestem State Park in West Virginia.  I've used this place in the past to help me make it through difficult times.

Years ago when I was first dealing with the abuse and torture I had been through in my life, I would come here on the holidays and escape a world that was painful.  This park is so beautiful and so peaceful.

It is a place that is magical to me and one that I can just escape and disconnect from everything.  It is secluded enough that I can step out of life and find that peace as I refocus.

Today, I hiked all over the place but then I just stopped and recognized the peaceful place I was in.  It was quiet and the peace was so inviting and invigorating.  It was a beautiful moment.

My hope for the trip is that I can refocus and find myself once again.  I want to reconnect with life, rather than wanting to hide in my little cave.

These challenging times are not easy, but hopefully when I leave, I will be more empowered to find my way through, rather then feeling like I was at the end of my rope.









-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 2/6/16 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”