Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Crazy Is As Crazy Does

It seems like today, there are no sane people left in this world.  If there is, they are hiding.  The screaming and ranting and raving going on is really getting sickening.  Everything seems to be a victim moment or a point where everyone is afraid someone is coming after them.

I don't know these days, because I don't see the same thing as most people.  No, I don't watch the news constantly letting them scare the bejeebers out of me.  I don't gulp the koolaid of religion that tells me what I should believe and how I should believe it.  I really just try to see things in a more balanced way.

Of course though, the more crazy people get, the more crazy each person has to get.  No, I'm not referring to the "crazy people" out there.  I'm referring to each and every person that think there are little green martians hiding behind every tree, car, building and doorway.

Its sad really because by being crazy, everyone has to one up that.  If you do something that gets people's attention, then someone else says, I have to do more.  I have to be crazier.  Don't believe me?  Take a look at the Facebook news feed.  Take a look at the Twitter news feed.

If you still don't believe me, stand back a minute and look at how much of the news is dominated by the discussion of politics and who is right or wrong.  If you want to see crazy, stand back and drop your political beliefs for one minute so you can be objective.  You will see crazy!

At some point this world is going to spin out of control.  Hopefully we catch ourselves before it is too late.  At this point though, I'm not so confident we can.

After all, no one listens to one another.  Everyone has dug their own foxhole (thanks Frank Burns).  It is just one crazy act and statement and person and politician after another with no hopes of letting up!

However, I still hope that maybe crazy is as crazy does, won't be the norm one of these days.  Maybe we all will wake up and come to our senses?  I can dream can't I?

What if instead, we all sat down with someone else that we would otherwise oppose and chat for five or ten minutes.  Have the conversation be about anything but politics, guns, religion or our woes.

Maybe we could just have a chat with what we find good about our life and the world.  I know, it sounds like a crazy idea, but maybe this crazy idea could become the norm.






-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 1/18/16 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”