Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Acceptance In Life

One blog I have been following lately has some very good insights.  The name of this blog is Soul Seeds and the writer of it is very talented in sharing insights to life.  The blog entry that I am sharing a link to here is on Acceptance And Change.

In life we encounter many moments where we grow as individuals.  Of course, these are often in the form of difficult times in life also known as change.  However, when we become aware of the change that we need, then we are able to accept it and move forward.  Not being aware of what it is that brings us difficulty in life holds us back from acceptance and change.

I really liked the way he talked about how we view acceptance as the opposite of change, when in reality it is not.  Resistance is the opposite of change.  It is when we go into accepting what is before us, that we empower our life and find our solution.  When we resist what it is before us, it is then that we are drained of the energy we need to live life to the fullest.


Many times in my own life I have spent my days screaming and cursing all that I have gone through.  Some people might say that this was a necessary part of my path for me to move forward and I would probably agree.  However, the more I resisted the changes in life, the more I felt tired, listless, depressed, and disillusioned.  The more I resisted change, the more I felt like there was no hope and the difficulty in life I was experiencing seemed to stay the same or get worse.  It wasn't until I went into the anxiety and fear of the situation with acceptance, that I began to find myself.  As I became more aware of myself, the more I empowered my life in ways that I could never imagine.

It was not until I focused on acceptance in life of these difficult moments that I started to find that the challenges were going away.  Often it is hard to accept what is going on because we feel like a part of us may die inside if we do.  However, that is the illusion we are living because to allow that part of us to die, is where we once again become connected to our true and authentic self.  When we stop denying who we are, we will see so much more hope and potential for our life.

If you would like to read the blog post on the Soul Seed Blog, click here on Acceptance And Change

In my book, Hope And Possibility Through Trauma, I have also written about some of my own experiences with letting go and accepting the things in my own life.  On page 47, the title of this section is "Are You Ready To Let Go?" and it talks about how I endured a rash over my entire body.  In this section though, it talks about my acceptance of the situation and through that, how the rash healed in my body.  You can check out my book on Amazon.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 10/21/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”