Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Trauma and Renewal Conference At Barry University

Trauma And Renewal Conference
Barry University, March 16, 2012

On March, 16, 2012, Barry University in South Florida will be holding its 17th annual Professional Conference. The topic this year is trauma and renewal: implications for research and practice. The featured speakers are Charles Figley, PhD and Kathleen Figley, Dmin.


I personally have never been to one of these, but it looks like a great event to attend especially if you work in the area of trauma. My good friend, Dr. Paul Canali is going to be one of the presenters at this event. The topic he will be speaking on is Healing Trauma And Chronic Pain Through Autonomic Re-Regulation and Somatic Awareness.

Dr. Paul Canali is the founder of Evolutionary Healing Institute and the originator of Unified Therapy. Through Dr. Canali's work, there is hope for people to heal as they discover the autonomic balancing reflex in their system. Unless trauma is released in the physical body and connected through the awareness of the mind, it will reside as potential energy searching for an exit route. If it is not released from the body, the exit routes can include anything from depression, anxiety, physical ailments, body pain to rashes, conversion disorders, sleep problems and many other situations. Dr. Canali has found a way to heal the body that is highly reproducible and is based upon scientific principles.


If you want to check out this seminar, you can read more on their website by clicking this link.

If you want to learn more about Dr. Canali, you can visit his website by clicking this link.

On a personal note, I have experienced Dr. Canali's work first hand and it helped save my life in many ways. Before I went to him, I had suffered through a conversion disorder and while I had healed myself in many ways, I had not released the trauma held inside of me. When I first went to him, my life was falling apart and I had lost sense with touch and reality as I was plagued with health conditions from horrible allergies, frequent migraines, nervous stomach, body pain, phantom itching on my legs, anxiety, depression and a host of other conditions. It was through the process of his work that I began to get to know myself and discover my body again.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 3/1/12 Don Shetterly - use and reprint by permission only
http://www.donshetterly.com

You are welcomed to share the link to this blog post, but ask for for permission before reprinting this article. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”