Thursday, March 15, 2012

Believe In The Answers Within Me

Lately, it seems like some events in my life are happening at lightening speed.  If I am not careful and not watching for them, they can pass me buy without me noticing them.  It is interesting to observe and be part of in my life.  However, I find myself worrying about needless little moments and the minute I do, I feel the pains in my neck and arm show up full force.


All my life, I've been a worrier.  I worry about the good things, the bad things, and the things in between the good and bad.  No matter how much is proven to me that I do not need to worry, sometimes I feel like it is my profession and I'm at the top of my class.  Okay, I may be a little fictitious here, but in many ways, this is reality.

However, as I have been seeing lately, that what I allow my mind to focus upon, that is what begins to come together.  Maybe it is the fact that I don't want to believe I have the power within myself to create any part of my life.  All I have to do though, is look at the evidence from my past days and years.  It is sometimes hard for me to believe in myself even if the evidence smacks me in the face.


I could keep searching for answers to things I need in my life by looking to everyone out there as the source of my answers.  Unfortunately, the answers are within me and if I fail to look inside, I won't find them in someone else.  If I allow these answers to come forth from within, then I will find my way to the next step.

The other day, one such answer was given to me that I will have everything I need at the moment I need it, to do the work I am here on this planet to do.  That is a tough one for me to accept because it requires faith in things that I cannot see, or feel or touch at this moment.  It requires faith in myself where I sometimes falter in how I view myself.

It is a process of learning to let go, opening up to all that it possible and then finding the path through the pain, anxiety, and fears.  The more we open our self up, the more we will find.  A therapist said to me many years ago that there is so much out there for me and as I continued in my life, I would find it.

One way I help myself find the answers is through this link.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 3/7/12 Don Shetterly - use and reprint by permission only
http://www.donshetterly.com

You are welcomed to share the link to this blog post, but ask for for permission before reprinting this article. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”