Saturday, September 24, 2011

Abundance By Letting Go

There are so many preaching abundance every day and they hook you into believing that what they have to offer is the way to getting everything you want.  Of course, they feel that by charging you $99 or $999 is the way to make their "system" valuable.

Others like to come up with all kinds of rules that fit into a nicely packaged belief system where you have to tithe a set amount to begin the flow of "things (i.e. money) back into your life (see the book by Catherine Ponder - Open Your Mind To Prosperity).  Of course, that means you have to follow their set of beliefs and too many of them are rooted in religious views.  The book does have some great information in it as well as examples of life changing moments for people.  However, I feel there is more to it than just a belief system.

Some people feel that you have to wear certain colors or energetically connect with the universe to make abundance happen.  There are those that think you have to visualize abundance and that when you do, the "boat" will appear in the front yard.


Regardless of what method seems appropriate, I still claim that abundance is not about getting a bigger paycheck, money that you find or other wealth.  It is about much more than that and if you want to read my opinions and views on it, go to the blog post on June 30, 2011, titled Abundance Or Wealth.

The biggest thing though to get with the flow of abundance is learning to let go.  Now, I don't mean you have to give away all your possessions.  Letting go is about your mindset and your view on your life.  What are you holding on to?  What is holding you back?  What is keeping you from letting go?

The more you can let go of the things in life that you feel you must do, or are required of you or that this is the only way, the more you will line yourself up with the abundance of the universe.  More than likely, abundance is not going to show up as dollars in an envelope that arrive at your day.  It may very likely show up in ways you cannot even dream about and ways that you would not normally consider as abundance.

Yes, I am sure that there are energy clearings that may help and mindsets that we can change.  Placebos of certain colors or beliefs may help some people as well.  To get to the core though, you have to let go in life.  Identify those things that you hold on to or that are holding you back and ask yourself, why you need these things.  What purpose do they hold in your life?

Recently, I have learned so much about this and experienced it first hand in my own life.  For so long I was trying to stuff myself in the mold that I thought I needed to in order to get abundance.  It was a higher calling and I thought that this justified what was holding me back.  It was not until I finally said, I give it up!  I realized that these things were no longer serving me a purpose and they were holding me back.  By giving up the attachment to them and clinging to them as if they were my life line, I began to find myself. 

The things that began as a result were not what I would have pictured as abundance coming to me but when I analyze them, I see that they are abundance.  It took me traveling to the depths of all that there is in life to begin to understand this.  I did not need to purchase some course or adhere to a belief system.  All I needed to do was to let go and give up those things that were holding me back.  It reminds me of another favorite book of mine by Marsha Sinetar, Do What You Love, The Money Will Follow.   There I go again - mixing up money and wealth and abundance! 

Each one of us will learn what it is for ourself that we need to let go of in order for us to find abudnance in our life.  It may take us longer at times to do this but if we keep searching, we will find it.  The human mind has the capacity to show us all that we need to know in life if we allow it to.  Learn to become more aware of who you are and what makes you up so that you can let go and connect into that stream of abundance.  It is much more than signing up for mega dollar courses or subscribing to a another person's belief system.

Related Blog Posts
1)  Abundance Or Wealth (Jun 30, 2011)

Book Resources
2)  Open Your Mind To Prosperity (Catherine Ponder)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post & Images (c) 9/16/11 Don Shetterly - use by permission only
http://www.donshetterly.com

If any part of this post is used or shared, a link back to this site is required.
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Please ask for permission before reprinting this article. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”