Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Onion Smell Makes Me Sick

At first it was just the taste.  Now, not only does eating onions make me sick, but the smell of them does as well.  I've known that the smell does bother me, but not quite like what I experienced today.

Today, a nice neighbor brought over some food from a church function that got canceled and she didn't want it to go to waste.  While I'm very happy that she did this, I opened it up and the smell of onions about knocked me over.

Within a matter of minutes, I could feel a headache forming and my head hurt.  I could feel my stomach muscles tightening and I was becoming very nauseated.  All of this from the smell of the onions in the food.  I had not tasted or ate the food at this point.

In the past, I know that the smell of onions has brought on an immediate and intense anger within me.  One time I was in a hotel meeting room and they were serving food nearby that had an onion smell.  It didn't take long for me to realize that I needed to exit the room or I might have gone postal.

Another time, I was taking a nap and someone heated up food with onions in the microwave.  The smell of the cooked onions literally woke me up and the next thing I found myself racing down the stairs in a rage.  It took me a couple of minutes to realize that I needed to stop in my tracks and find a different place quickly.

One time, we were walking into a restaurant and the smell of onions almost knocked me off my feet.  I had to immediately get out of there before the rage and anxiety got the best of me.

In fact, just writing about this, I can feel my stomach tense up and begin to hurt.  I can feel a nauseated feeling.  I can feel a little light headed as I write this.  If I got up from my chair right now, I'm not sure I could stand up straight.

A few days ago, I experienced smelling the onions and garlic in the produce section and thinking it was body odor from someone around me.

While I know enough about somatic type triggers, I'm beginning to suspect there is something behind the scenes working on me.  I suspect there is a trigger of some sort with the onion and garlic smell and taste.  It just seems logical.

At this point, I have no idea what is behind this or what is going on.  I've struggled with this for years and as the days go, it intensifies and gets much worse.

While I'd love to solve this one and move past it, I've had too much experience in the past that more horrible stuff will be exposed.  I'm not sure how ready I am to deal with yet another round of stuff in life from my past.

For now, I am just recording this to see how things play out.  It makes absolutely no sense to me at this moment.

You may also want to read what I recently wrote on the possible connection between onions, garlic and body odor.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 2016 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

032716

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”