Monday, January 4, 2016

Walking Through It One Step At A Time

So much is happening.  Some of it is good and some of it is not so good.  I try to stay positive but it is pretty rough waves at the moment.  I'm walking through it, one step at a time.

I know we all have our rough moments, and most of the time I can weather through things pretty well in my day.  However, this feels nonstop lately and I'm trying to keep myself grounded and centered.  Sometimes it is easier to say than it is to do.

From family issues cropping up over the holidays to the anniversary of losing some special people in my life, the other things that hit me seem small in comparison.

It was at this time many years ago, that I got the call my mom had been killed in a car accident. It was just a year ago that I was planning to go see a friend and days before I was supposed to be there, he died unexpectedly from pneumonia.  Another person I felt close to also was in her last days around this time.

It is never easy to lose someone you love.  There was so much that was left unsaid and unanswered with my mom, but it is not like I can have a face-to-face conversation with her at this moment.  Yes, I talk to my mom, but it isn't the same.  She was the one in the family that loved me and cared about me and why she left all the monsters behind, I will never understand.

For now, I just keep walking through it one step at a time.  I don't know what else to do.  When people mean as much as they do to us, it is hard to just let them go.  It is hard to not be reminded of them constantly.

  • And to my Mom, this page and website is for you.
  • And to my friend, David Bland, I still struggle with you gone.
  • And to my friend Randee, I know you're at peace now, but I miss you so much.
  • And to my friend Crystal, I found that time was too short.





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 1/1/16 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”