Thursday, November 6, 2014

From The Moment I Met You


From The Moment I Met You


15 Years ago, we ran into each other almost by accident.  Neither of us was looking to make a connection.  We weren't looking for someone.  Yet, it just happened.

Our paths crossed and connected by events that were related, but so unrelated.  Little did we realize that we would even met.  Little did we realize that if we met, there would be anything more than a "hello" and "nice to meet you".

From the moment we met, I felt like I always knew you.  From the moment we met, I felt as if we were somehow connected in a way that I could not verbalize.  It was as if two stars were born together.  It was as if two ships passed by on the ocean sea. 

From the moment I met you, I felt so close.  I felt so comfortable.  I trusted you and your touch.  I wasn't scared of you.  I didn't want to run from you.

From the moment I met you, I didn't know what was happening.  I tried hard to convince myself that I wasn't gay.  I was straight and I could prove it.  Yet, how could I prove it, for I had known for a very long time that I wasn't like most other guys.  I was different and I had been taught all my life that being gay was wrong and so with tears, I said goodbye - not knowing what to do with what I was feeling inside.

The moments we shared that first weekend are still locked within the memories of my heart and mind.  They are like reminders of yesterday which seems like just a short moment ago.  The moments we shared in those hours together where we talked for hours and listened intently as we basked in the connection we both felt. It wasn't clear what was going on.  I doubt either of us could explain it.  Yet, from that moment, our lives changed forever.

As I rode home on the airplane, I cried.  I didn't know how to deal with the feelings I had as I said goodbye.  I was falling in love with another guy and my upbringing dictated that this was not possible.  Yet, I couldn't leave.   Yet, I didn't want to leave.  I just wanted to be with you from the moment I met you.

Time rushed by and soon we were together, but I'll never forget those beginning moments 15 years ago.  I'll never forget how much we have both changed and how you've helped me to grow in ways I never imagined. 

I'll not forget all the difficult moments we've faced together and how we're always there for each other, holding each others hand as we walk through the fire.  It isn't about who gains and loses or who is better or worse.  It is just about being together and accepting one another where they are at, happy to enjoy the journey and dance through life.

15 years has gone by quickly and while so many things were against us, I would not trade one moment.  I would not give up one moment with you.  Some day our love will be accepted and recognized, but what matters is the love we have for each other in our heart. 

I look forward to the next 15 years as we walk through the journey of life, dancing to our own tunes and finding our way.  You're the best thing that has happened to me and my heart is so full of love as I think of you.

Happy 15 Anniversary to my friend, soul-mate and partner in life.

I love you so much.


Don







-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 11/5/14 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!
    Happy Anniversary guys.
    Your love, commitment, and joy are an
    example for all.
    Trevor

    ReplyDelete

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”