Monday, August 25, 2014

My Intro As A Conversion Disorder Survivor

On the spur of the moment and a whim, I decided to try my hand at doing some YouTube videos.  I see a lot of people doing vlogs on YouTube and have thought about doing something of my own for a long time.  I didn't want my video to be about my everyday mundane life.  I wanted it to have more purpose than that.

Then I started to think about one area of life that I really am becoming interested in and that is teaching.  I caught the bug doing training on a computer project and I just love helping people learn.  In a million years, I never thought I would enjoy teaching others as much as I have.  Doing a video on YouTube gives me an way to begin doing some teaching.

The YouTube videos I plan on doing helps offer me the chance of learning more about finding my voice.  It helps me to hone my message and offer some support, encouragement, and knowledge to the world-at-large.  It gives me an outlet for my creative message and in the process, I hope it helps changes someone's life.

This particular video is my introduction as a Conversion Disorder Survivor.  I plan on doing many of these in short segments to highlight some of the things that I went through as a Conversion Disorder survivor and what I did to heal myself.


As I stated in the video, there was no internet to search when I went through the horrible and frightening experiences that I did.  Doctors really didn't have answers for me and I felt very alone.  It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I met another survivor face-to-face, that it had such a great impact upon me.

Being on Dr. Drew about a segment in Leroy NY where it appeared there could be a possible Conversion Disorder scenario playing out was one that I will always cherish.  Out of that appearance that day, others have begun to find healing through the work of Dr. Paul Canali called Unified Therapy.  It has led me to begin exploring what can I do to help others.

In the video, I said there was "hope" in healing from this and I don't give that up because of something I read in a book.  I know firsthand just how difficult it is to not only experience it, but diagnose it.  I know how hard it is for people to accept that they suffer from this condition.

If you want more information, head over to my other website Somatosync.com and read the information I have begun writing for that site.  There is an interview with Dr. Canali that is leading edge and in the days and months ahead, I will be writing more on these topics.  I'm also working on another book about how I healed form Conversion Disorder.

Keep watching for future videos on YouTube.  Feel free to ask questions about my experiences here on this blog or on the video.  I will try to answer them in the best way I can.  I am not a medical scientist so I can only share what I have learned.

Hopefully as a result of me opening up my life about Conversion Disorder, others will learn that it is possible to heal and how to heal it.  Just keep in mind that these healing moments are still in their infancy, but don't ever stop searching for answers.  Don't stop asking questions and don't settle for what you think has happened in your life. 

I believe that the more we understand Conversion Disorder and how to treat it, the more we will open up healing in all parts of the body.  I believe that healing Conversion Disorder is the key to truly understanding the body or at least taking the medical world to the next level.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 8/24/14 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”