Thursday, August 21, 2014

I'm Tired Of Misery

What if for today only, I drew a line in the sand?  What if for today only, I said enough is enough?  I'm tired of misery.  I'm tired of the struggle.  What if for today I said, no more!

My body has struggled physically over the past few months.  I feel it through tension in my neck, my shoulders, my arms and sometimes my legs.  I feel it in pain that travels my body like a traveling circus.  I feel it in my emotions; ready to snap at others and feeling so full of anger and frustration.

What if for today, I said no to misery.  What if I began to change how I view the current situation I am in?  I really have nothing to lose because what I am doing at the current moment is not working.

Sometimes we just have to draw a line in the sand and so no more.  I'm tired of misery.  I know that isn't easy to do as I've been practicing misery my entire life.  The misery almost seems like a nagging friend that I do not want.


I don't know how I'm going to get from where I am to where I feel I need to be.  My mind daydreams a million scenarios per hour, but my body is paralyzed at the thought of any one action before me.  I wish and I desire, but for some reason, the forward motion is halted.

Maybe it is in the moment where I learn more to let go of the situation I'm facing.  Maybe it is more in the moment where I say, just let it be.  For if I accept where I am at in this single moment and not give rise to worry and fear about what lies ahead, maybe I can just take a breath.  Maybe the breath is what I need to propel me forward.

There are many others that struggle through much more difficult things than I am facing, but it still doesn't lessen the impact of this situation upon my life.  I want the joy back.  I want the unending energy and bounce I had not that long ago.

Today I will look for one thing I can do to make a difference in my life.  Today I will see how I can let go, even if it is just a tiny amount.  Today, I will honor and respect myself exactly where I am and loving myself for what my life is in this moment.

Today, I'm tired of misery. 

Today, I draw a line in the sand.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 8/4/14 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”