Monday, May 23, 2011

Pain Management

I always get amazed when I see people who do pain management. If you’re in a lot of pain and reading this, I’m sure you are well acquainted with pain. In fact, you might even be saying, well my pain is so bad; I’ll do anything to get relief from it. That

In my life, I’ve grown up with people who suffered from intense pain and I’ve been through moments myself that I prayed for God to send anything to just take the pain away. Yet, I’ve seen people go through all kinds of surgeries, procedures, tests and take numerous medications in the hope that the pain will go away. In the end, I’ve witnessed myself and the same people being told that it was “all in their head”.

Pain is a messenger from the body to our brain telling us that something is wrong. From what I have experienced and seen in my life, pain is the result of something emotionally, mentally, spiritually or physically that is out of balance. There are some exceptions like disease and other medical conditions. Let’s be crystal clear in all the possibilities that can cause pain, not just a few that western medicine and society focus on.

Of course, we can choose to take the route of pain medications, medical procedures or surgeries all day long. In the long run, I’ll propose that the pain may disappear but it will find a new avenue to show up. The reason being, we did not deal with the source of the pain and I’m not talking about just a physical source of pain.

When we experience pain, we have to go inside and connect with that which we don’t want to see, so we can find the true source of pain. If we do anything but that, we are only putting a Band-Aid on a gushing wound. If we go inside and get more acquainted with the mind body connection, it is then that we will experience true healing for our life, not just a momentary escape from the pain that bothers us.

Further Reading:
1) Emotional Pain Is Physical Pain (Blog Post 4/18/11)
2) Freedom From Pain (Blog Post 9/10/10)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post & Images (c) 5/13/11 Don Shetterly - use by permission only
http://www.donshetterly.com

If any part of this post is used or shared, a link back to this site is required.
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”