Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Critical Thinking Lacking In Stress And Survival

Lately I've had more than my share of rough moments in life.  The stress and anxiety has been through the roof.  Trying to juggle many things at the same time and dealing with people who are anything but human, is challenging beyond belief.  In these moments, its hard to just function in a given day, let alone try to advance yourself.

Critical thinking is often lacking in times of stress and survival.  After all, in moments where the lions of life are chasing you, you're not trying to plan out how you're going to build your dream home or what you need to buy at the store.  You're mainly just trying to outrun the lions and keep the yapping jaws from clenching their teeth into you.

Some days I am not sure how to deal with everything.  I'm sure friends and people close to me are tired of hearing me complain.  Yet, if I don't let this stuff out, it just builds up inside of me to the point I want to seriously do some harm.  I've never been good with letting anger go, although I've come a long way in learning how to deal with it.


Then today, a friend mentioned something that jogged my memory about how I had learned to look for ways through this stuff.  Survival is fine for a short period, but after too long it takes a toll on one's health.  Yet, it isn't easy to just walk away from something that is vital to your daily existence.  And so it is easy to get stuck in the never ending cycle of stress and survival where it continuously loops itself so that you can't let go.

I can't tell you at the moment of me writing this blog post, how to let it go or how I will let it go.  I can't for reasons I'm withholding, just let go of it.  I have to find my way through this momentary situation or hope that a solution comes along and bites me in the butt quickly.

The only thing I know is that if I am meant to fulfill a purpose in my life which I believe everyone is, then these obstacles and fears and stress and survival need to clear out of my way.  The only thing I know is that I have to let go of them and allow them to separate from myself.  I no longer need to be attached to the stress and survival of life.

Is that easy to do?  I mean, is it easy to let go of the stressful situations we may find our self in?  Absolutely and unequivocally not!  Sometimes these things push us to our limits and beyond.  Sometimes they are there as our teacher and sometimes it part of a bigger picture that we cannot see.

Does it mean we just give up and act happy?  I don't think so.  Be real in life and be in this moment that you're in.  Feel it and take it all in, is what I repeat to myself.  Yet, it doesn't mean myself or anyone reading this has to stay stuck in the midst of the stress and survival.  It is important to note as well that being in the midst of these moments or stuck in the stress is no indication of whether you are moving forward in life or not.  Don't let anyone chastise you into their time tables for you getting through a situation.  Most likely, even if it appears you are stuck, you may very well be getting through your situation.

We all have our moments that suck and we all have our moments that test us beyond measure.  Its part of the human experience.  I wish I could sit here and say I have all the answers, but I'm just another person on the journey through life.  I'm learning just as others are learning.

Don't be alarmed that your critical thinking may be lacking right now.  It is what it is and the only thing I can offer you and myself, is to find moments where you can find rest.  When we find rest, it is then that we can reunite with our own critical thinking and overcome the stress and survival moments in life.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 9/19/14 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”