Friday, May 25, 2012

Plants Have Emotions

While I see many people concerned about animals (and rightly so) for having emotions, they often forget our other living organisms in this world.  I'm talking about plants.  Plants have emotions which is something I have always felt, but could not prove it until I read the book, The Field.

On page 144 in this book, the story unfolds that a New York polygraph expert by the name of Cleve Backster was doing studies on plants just for fun.  He wanted to see if they registered emotion via an electrical impulse on his lie detector equipment.  When he burned the leaf of a plant, he found that it registered an increased stress response just as if a human had been burned. 

What was more astonishing was that Backster burned the leaf of a plant close by and although it was not hooked up to his equipment, the original plant registered a stress response.  It was as if the original plant felt what had happened to the other plant.  Somehow the two plants communicated and they felt what was happening to each other.  There was some form of interconnectedness between these two plants.


I enjoy working with plants because they give a lot to me.  Just to watch them grow, especially from a seed is something that brings me great joy.  It is difficult to watch them die because I feel as if I am losing someone close to me.  I have always felt at home around plants, trees, and nature in general.  In my mind, all these things are living creatures and should be respected and cared for in our life.

Maybe not everyone out there can feel what I do when I am around plants, but without a doubt, I know what I experience.  My mind and body pick it up and seeing what happened in the studies of the polygraph expert just backs this up in my mind.

So the next time you are outside around plants, take a moment to see how you feel around them.  Notice what you sense and pick up around the plants.  They may be more alive to you then you have otherwise noticed in your life.  They do have emotions and they do respond to stimuli around them, including humans.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Blog Post And Images (c) 5/1/12 Don Shetterly - use and reprint by permission only http://www.donshetterly.com You are welcomed to share the link to this blog post, but ask for for permission before reprinting this article. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”