Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Stroke Of Insight And Cognitive Loops In My Brain

Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor wrote an excellent book about her journey of recovery from a stroke.  She has wonderful insight into dealing with a stroke that applies to many aspects of life.  If you would like to read my review of this book, click this link.

When I become conscious of what cognitive loops my brain is running, I then focus on how these loops feel physiologically inside my body.  Do I feel alert?  Are my eyes dilated?   Is my breath deep or shallow?  Do I feel tightness in my chest?  Do I feel lightness in my head?  Is my stomach upset?  Do I feel antsy or anxious?  Are my legs jiggling?  Neuronal loops (circuits) of fear, anxiety or anger, can be triggered by all sorts of different stimulation.  But once triggered, these different emotions produce a predictable physiological response that you can train yourself to consciously observe. - Pg 151, My Stroke Of Insight by Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”