Thursday, April 5, 2012

Book Reivew on The Field by Lynne McTaggart

The Field
by Lynne McTaggart

This book is one that I have been wanting to read for some time.  I heard about it when I was in massage school, but never pursued it on my book list.  Of course, I've got so many books that I want to read and it seems like there is never enough time to do that.  The Field is an excellent book.

The main thing I like about the book so far is how it gets you to think beyond the paradigms that you hold on to.  It really does push you to think beyond the box and beyond your mind.  While the information is presented in an easy to read manner, I do find it difficult to fully understand the concepts at times.  The concepts are deep and involved.  I'm not sure there is an easier way to explain some of these concepts, so the author probably does the best job that anyone can do.  I may find myself going back and reading this one again.

I do like how real life examples and stories are used detailing the history of various discoveries.  It really engages you in the process and helps show the details behind the conclusions.  This is not information that you would learn in a normal science based course most likely.  In fact, I have never heard of some of these concepts until now.


I realize that we as a society tend to want everything delivered to us in the way we have been taught and the way we expect it, but this book, The Field, does all it can to disrupt that delivery system.  It challenges what we know and think and believe, by giving us an alternate concept to digest and think about.

As I read a book, I can tell how good it is because I tend to dog ear the corners and mark the pages that really stand out to me.  So far, I am at the half way point of this book and many of the pages have markings and dog eared corners.  One of these days, I will sit down and start to record my observations that I have notated and write additional blog posts on these subjects.

If you want to read something that will expand your horizons in what we have come to know in this world, this book, The Field, will do that for you.  It pushes your limits and challenges your beliefs.  It quietly and sometimes strongly invites you to see another side of life.  To check out more on the book and other reviews, you can find it on Amazon by clicking this link.







-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 3/26/12 Don Shetterly - use and reprint by permission only
http://www.donshetterly.com

You are welcomed to share the link to this blog post, but ask for for permission before reprinting this article. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”