Thursday, June 18, 2015

When We Surrender

As I watch what has become of my life over the past year or two, I see that I've gone from a building up to a depleted state.  In fact, I have had too many people exclaim just how depleted my body was.  I knew that, but I didn't.  I have been a part of it, but yet I was disconnected to it.

Its funny how we go along in our day doing what we feel we need to be doing, but we are so disconnected from reality, that we fail to see it.  To think that I'm generally connected to my body and life and yet, I bought into the corporate greed and stress and constant busy schedules.

Modern day business doesn't take into account how people should take care of themselves.  It doesn't make them any money in the short term day to day operations.  So, therefore, it has a low priority.  I know that and I'm sure most reading this know what I'm saying, but yet we buy into the fact of life that this is all we can be.


Is it the corporate world that has caused this for me?  No!  It is my own lack of boundary and control.  It is allowing myself to be taken under by these things.  I have no one to blame but myself, if I need to blame anyone.

It almost cost me my life though.  I came very close to not being alive.  I basically lost myself and my whole sense of why I am here, just to be another cog in the wheel of a business day.  If that doesn't wake me up, I don't know what will.

I struggle with how to get where I want to be and where I need to be.  On one hand, I have to support myself financially and I can't just up and walk away from that.  On the other hand, when that source of financial support consumes my every waking minute, then is the benefit of the income worth it?

As I was talking to someone recently on this, I know that I need to surrender into what can be.  For when we surrender into something much greater than ourselves, all will be taken care of for our life.  It isn't easy, because it is like stepping off the edge of the cliff into the unknown.  Yet, if we lose our life for the purpose of those that don't have our best interest in mind, are we much of anything?

I know it isn't easy to surrender to the higher good in our life and our life's purpose.  I know that when we surrender, we have to trust in something greater than ourselves to know that what happens is what needs to happen.

I could recite the mantras and all the thoughts about surrendering to something much more for my life, but it still doesn't make it easy.  I'm a work in progress.  I get scared and fearful and sometimes want to go hide deep in my cave.

The only thing I know that is true for my life at this moment, is that if I am able to allow myself to surrender, something much greater then I can see in this moment will be reveled to me.  After all, I continue to be a work in progress.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 6/18/15 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”