Sunday, October 3, 2010

Choose To Change Your Thoughts

Sometimes I am faced with difficult moments and it seems that no matter what I do, I try to fight the same battles over and over. They are all too familiar to me in life. At times, I refer to these repeating battles as my beloved and hated twins. There are many moments where I wonder if I will truly rise above the troubles of my life. I often feel there is no way beyond the things I endure.

However, I am reminded that in order to change what is within me, I must change my thoughts. If I just "STOP" where my current thoughts are transporting me, than I can choose new thoughts. Choosing new thoughts allows me to change my thoughts and stop the continuous loop I allow my mind to go. I can offer my brain a new neural pathway to explore.

This sounds much easier to do than it seems to be in real life. It seems that I fail often. I've had to pick myself up off the ground far too many times. With every fiber of my body, I desire to change my thoughts. Yet, I know it is not easy.

It takes practice and perseverance to do this. I must allow myself the discovery of this process in order for this to become the norm in my life. In all moments, I must stand with great courage against the adversary within my own mind. I must be willing to travel all roads in my life so that I can truly choose to change my thoughts. When I change my thoughts, it is then that I will be victorious in the battle.

(Above Picture taken in Miami, FL - (c) 07/11/08)

*Read other articles on Mind Body Thoughts Blog

1 comment:

  1. Great Post on approach to changing thoughts. Have you heard of an assessment called the Energy Leadership Index Assessment? The ELI is an attitudinal assessment and measures one’s level of energy based on attitude, or perception and perspective of their world. Because our level of consciousness is the direct link related to our thoughts and actions, I believe it is the singular most important indicator of our ability to masterfully lead our lives let alone lead others, which is why I think this tool is so amazing. Our approach to just about anything is influenced deeply by our unique energetic profile measured by the ELI. If you are curious, check out http://www.centerforenergeticleadership.com and click on “Start Here.” Let me know your thoughts – We could talk about its potential for you and those who benefit from your blog. Energetically, Denise

    ReplyDelete

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”