Sunday, May 2, 2010

Itching - Symptoms Of Stress, Part 5

This is Part 5 of 9 Part Series - Itching & Rashes

For a long time in my life, I never fully realized how much stress, emotions and trauma played into rashes and itching. I have known others who have gone through these things but never fully understood them until I experienced them first hand. According to this health.yahoo.com article, the adverse effects of stress are thought to cause the immune system to release histamine which causes the itchy bumps. In the article, it suggests that deep breathing will help but for those who suffer through severe itching and rashes, there is much more to alleviating this than deep breathing.

If you want to read more about what I went through on itching, please read my blog entry on Sleeping With Night Sweats And Fears or Itchy Skin And Oatmeal Baths .

The one thing I did learn was that taking medications/ointments and putting cream on the itches may have had a slight effect of helping but my body soon became accustomed to these things and then they stopped working. I tried many things and little would work. For me, the oatmeal baths were about the only thing that brought some relief but outside of that, it was a struggle until I did some serious trauma release with Dr. Paul Canali of Evolutionary Healing Institute.



Symptoms Of Stress: (9 Part Series)
Part 1. Tweaked and Tense Muscles
Part 2. Eye Twitching
Part 3. Ragged Cuticles
Part 4. Cavities
Part 5. Rashes & Itching
Part 6. Nausea
Part 7. Sleep
Part 8. Forgetfulness
Part 9. Confusion



*For more articles, check out the Mind Body Thoughts Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”