Sunday, May 9, 2010

Importance Of Introverts

From the book I'm reading, "The Highly Sensitive Person" by Elaine N. Aron, Ph.D.

When I was reading this quote where she quoted Carl Jung, I really thought it said so much. All my life, I've had people look down at me because I tend to be more introverted. After I get to know someone, it is much easier for me. I can at times be more extroverted but it does not come natural to me.

This is a quoted section from page 100

One cannot emphasize enough the importance of introverts in Carl Jung's view,
They are living evidence that this rich and varied world with its overflowing and intoxicating life is not purely external, but also exists within... Their life teaches more than their words... Their lives teach the other possibility, the interior life which is so painfully wanting in our civilization

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”