Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Meeting A Friend With A Kindred Heart

For months now, I've been chatting online with someone that has become a good friend of mine.  We had not met, but became acquainted through a mutual connection.  It didn't take long to establish a friendship because there was much we shared in common.

This person happens to be a regular columnist on my blog now and her name is Marie.  I'm so thrilled to have gotten to meet her in person because she's exactly like what she sounds like in all of our email conversations.

When we caught up, it was like we had known each other for centuries.  As nervous as I usually am when meeting someone new, I just didn't experience that.  It just felt easy to make the connection.

I was with her and her dogs at a Dog Agility competition and so I got to see something I had never been around.  It was fun watching all the dogs and people interact.  While I thought I might be like a sore thumb in a meat market, I felt perfectly fine and normal there.

After the last run Marie did with her dogs, I was walking with her as she took the dogs back to her little RV.  They had so much energy and were playing, making it difficult for her to not get tangled up in their leashes.  So, I asked if I could take one of the dogs to help her out.

The next thing I knew, Saki and I were running around having fun.  I'm not sure who enjoyed it the most, me or Saki?  It was a wonderful moment.  It was like I had a friend and felt so connected to Saki and Marie.

We went back to her little RV and just sat and talked.  Saki came up on her lap and decided to span the both of us with her face and front paws resting on my leg.  It was a moment I will cherish.

http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/p/marie-natural-healing-gal.html

Often because I work from home, I am somewhat isolated.  I know it is something I need to find a solution too, but it just helped to talk to someone that understood and I could truly be myself.  It helped to connect with the dogs.

It is a moment I will always cherish and the picture at the top of this post is Marie, myself and her dog.  There is one dog hiding under our feet, but Saki is the resting on my leg.





Blog Post And Images (c) 2017 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”