Monday, September 21, 2015

Making The Right Decision

I think we all struggle with knowing what to do at times in our life.  Making the right decision is difficult at best on small decisions and horrifying when the tough ones show up.  In fact, if you look at the different services offered in our world, you can see just how difficult it is to do.  People make careers out of helping others make the right decision.

People go to other people in hopes of these healers, psychics, ministers, politicians and authority telling them what they should do.  Of course, not everyone thinks they do this, but if you break it down to the pure essence of what happens, this is what takes place in my opinion.

It is difficult when making the right decision.  It is hard knowing what decision to make.  I get it.  I'm not much different I don't believe than anyone else out there alive in the world.  I have my struggles and my insecurities and fears just like the next guy.


There are numerous tips of how to go about making the right decision.  You can put the pros and cons down on a piece of paper.  You can pray over it.  You can agonize over it, run from it, embrace it, think happy thoughts about it or put it in a lock box.  In the end though, the only one that will know if you're making the right decision is yourself.

In all reality, it isn't always about the right decision as in what is right and wrong.  It could be, I suppose.  Maybe though, allow yourself to consider that it is a decision you make today and if it isn't the best, you can make a different decision tomorrow.  I do realize in saying this though, that some decisions bring serious consequences as a result.

When I got to the point of making a major life decision recently, I struggled and agonized it for weeks.  It wasn't easy and I don't think it should have been because it was a major decision.  I did all the things for me that help me make decisions and then at the end of the day, I had to summon the courage to make the final decision.

Fear was at all time high during this and I find it quite interesting that when I was in the final moments of making sure this was the decision for me, an event happened that pushed my anger to extremely high levels.  It was almost like Mr. Anger came along and booted Mr. Fear right out the door.  I so needed that exhausting event right at that moment.

There is no way to be 100% certain that we are making the right decisions.  We have to evaluate the facts, check it out with our gut, and listen for guidance.  Then when we have done all we can to come to the point of a decision, we have to find our courage to push through our fears.  Then and only then can we proceed.

After I made this decision, I felt a lightness about me.  I felt laughter come back into my life.  I felt a spring in my step and that I was moving forward.  I was no longer stuck in fear.  It was difficult to do, but after I did this, I could tell without a shadow of a doubt that I had made the right decision.

Making decisions is a process.  It needs to unfold in its own time and way and manner.  Don't let anyone tell you that you can just think positive thoughts and all will be okay.  Sometimes you need that turmoil and anger in your life to help you make the right decision.  Sometimes it is a necessary part of the process.

If you're facing a tough decision, be okay with where you are at in the process.  All of it will unfold in the way it needs to and in the right time.  It may not be easy.  It may be scary.  Don't let the fear overtake you, but instead let it and the anger propel you forward.

When you've made the right decision for that moment of your life, go out and celebrate.  Bask in the glory and beauty and happiness of the moment.  Mark it in a special way to help you never forget the beauty that came out of the difficult moments in life.





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 8/3/15 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”