Monday, March 9, 2015

Together We Are Stronger

I wonder about people at times.  I really do.  I study people and watch them and observe them.  I've always done this ever since I can remember.  Sometimes people amaze me and sometimes they upset me.  Sometimes I'm totally captivated by them and other times I'm repulsed.

This past weekend we had a garage sale.  We had some vinyl records for sale.  Of course, I'm quite aware of the fierce competition by record collectors and I'm also aware that some record collectors have very little social grace.  I'm not saying all of them do, but I've observed that in many just like some of the computer techies who have no social grace.

So, I open the garage door and am met with two people who wanted to buy all of the records we had for sale.  One guy hands me $40 more than we were asking and says, "I will take them all".  Fine, by me.  We made good money and one less group of things left to get rid of in the sale.


However, the second person that was there who is probably in his 80's, began to throw a fit.  I mean this guy was so upset that he didn't get to buy all the records.  He is known in the area for buying everything and cutting others out of any chance to even look at them.  However, when the tables were turned on him, he was worse than a child throwing a temper tantrum.  It was really a sad display.  After all, he could have done the same thing or offered more money, but he did absolutely nothing but complain and throw a fit.

I'm not sure why some feel they are entitled to buying whatever is there or getting whatever they want.  I don't understand it.  I saw it in my two brothers growing up where if they didn't get their way, they would pout and carry on and cause all kinds of issues.  For me, most of the time the things they threw temper tantrums about made no difference to me.

Why is it that people feel having things is far more important in life?  I guess if I could answer that question, we could cure the problem of hoarding.

For me, I try to respect others I try to treat others as I would want to be treated.  I see value in other people, even when they give me no reason to see value in them.  I have high expectations and hopes for other people and this world.

We all need to take stock of our actions in any given day.  What we do, impacts the world in serious ways.  We can't expect the world to be all we want it to be, if we are looking at how much we are entitled to get what it is we want.  There are far greater things in life to be concerned with, rather than material items.

Let's learn to lift one another up and promote each other because the higher each one of us goes, the more we all obtain.  If we work together, we will get far.  It is more than a slogan that gets thrown around in a company meeting these days.  If we work together, we become greater than the individual strength of each person, the individual benefit of each other and we fly into new heights that surpasses our wildest dreams and comprehension.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 2/22/15 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”