Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Sleepless Nights Of Trauma

It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it leaves me feeling discarded as roadkill by the side of the road.  I've now entered another period of sleepless nights of trauma.  The body memories that show up and the never ending thoughts that fill my waking hours are like monsters lying in wait.

It varies from night to night.  Some nights I sleep okay and other nights I can barely convince my eyes to close for an extended period of time.  Some nights, partial images connect one to another.  At other times, the images have no connecting logic, but they become flash frames in my mind.

I beg the thoughts to go away.  I beg them to find another home.  Sleep is what I want.  Sleep is what I desire.  Yet, they traumatize me as if I'm a puppet being controlled.  They hound me as if the night will never end.  I wake up feeling exhausted, but somehow trying to function in a day.

I have no answers to the sleepless nights of trauma.  I try everything and nothing works.  I hope for a better night, but its like never winning the lottery.  I long to be able to convince my eyes to just close and sleep.

While I realize from past experience that there is something lurking before me in the sleepless nights, I nevertheless hate traveling through the trauma and horrors.  I don't know how anyone could enjoy this and I can barely realize that this too shall past.

Each morning is another day.  Each night is another chance to sleep.  Will this be fulfilled or will I yet encounter another horror filled moment wishing that it will not repeat into another sleepless night.

I thought I would include a link back to a very recent blog post dealing a little with this subject. It was called Body Memories Wake Me Up At Night.


http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/2016/05/body-memories-wake-me-up-at-night.html



Question Of The Day
Do you have body memories that wake you up at night?  Leave a comment and let me know what experiences you go through if you do.



Blog Post And Images (c) 2016 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”