Friday, February 11, 2011

The Power Of Your Mind

Have you ever thought about the power your mind holds? It is much more powerful than we often give it credit for in our lives. While it is often said that we only use a small percentage of our brain, in many ways that is not true. We use all of it to function but we often do not tap into all our consciousness and awareness.

When I was a child, I hated gym class with a passion and would do anything to get out of it. There were many reasons for my hatred of course. However, some days in gym class, the activities we were going to be doing were just too much for me to deal with. So on those days, shortly before the class would start, I would begin a process in my mind to make myself appear sick. To this day, I am not sure I could recreate that exact same process but most of it would be where I would "think" I was sick or running a temperature along with stomach pains.

I learned early on that if I just complained about feeling sick but showed no proof , I would not be excused from gym class. They might make me go in and sit there or do something stupid which wasn't any better to me. I learned that I had to show them proof. So I would concentrate on thinking that my body temperature was high and I was running a fever. The process was not much more than having myself believing that my body temperature was high . This of course was fueled and motivated by my hatred for gym class.

Sure enough, we would get to class and I would inform the teacher that I didn't feel well. It gave me just a little longer to work the body over and exhibit the symptoms. The teacher would then instruct me to go to the nurses office to be checked out. When I got there, she would ask me what the symptoms were and most of them I was not faking but when she would take my temperature, it would always be very high. It would register just high enough that would cause them concern and she would declare I was sick and I needed to go home. Then my mom would have to come pick me up and take me home, leaving me alone while she went back to work. That meant though, I would have to continue faking being sick for some time longer so no one suspected what I was up to.

But as I think back on that, I realize just how powerful thoughts can be. There was nothing physically wrong with me and even after getting sent home, I was still not "sick". The next day I would go back to school. I never let on to anyone what I was doing because if the secret got out, my fake illness would not work. In this case, it was all in my mind.

Each one of us has the ability to do so much with our minds whether it is physical illness or healing, positive or negative thoughts or pushing away/bringing in thoughts and things we need. We all can do this and we all do it every day regardless if we aren't aware we are doing it.

How conscious and aware we are in our lives is all up to the power of our mind and our ability to connect with it. In order to be a conscious person means, one needs to be fully connected with your body, mind and soul. By traveling deep within one's self, you allow yourself to heal, grown and evolve all parts of yourself. Of course, this is a constant ongoing process because the more conscious you become, the more you are aware. The more you are aware, the more conscious you become. It is a never ending process of evolution and becoming all you can be in your life.

How can you use the power of your mind to connect deep within and discover your own consciousness and awareness?




Blog Post & Images (c) 2/5/11 Don Shetterly - use by permission only
http://www.donshetterly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”