Friday, November 26, 2010

Mike Lew - Don't Give Up

Mike Lew is an author, workshop leader and therapist who does a tremendous amount of work with male survivors. I know he has helped many male survivors in their recovery and healing process.

Several years ago, I became acquainted with Mike Lew because at the time, there were not many books out that dealt with healing for male survivors of child sexual abuse. At the time, the subject was not talked about and so you felt all alone. When I read his book, Victims No Longer, it was like a breath of fresh air for me. For the first time I was reading and connecting with things that I did not realize existed with other people. It was a major turning point for me.

Future moments would lead me to some extraordinary moments with Mike Lew which I will forever cherish. I still remember the workshop I attended at a Voices In Action conference and how it really began to teach me about boundaries and helped me to begin seeing I wasn't alone.

This video that I'm share here is one that every male survivor needs to hear. He does an excellent job of just sharing some moments for male survivors to know they are not alone and to not give up. There are many of us out there and just knowing that you're not alone is often a big boost of forward motion.

YouTube Video - Don't Give Up

If you want to know more about Mike lew, check out his website and his books. The books are an excellent source of support for male survivors. The second book, Leaping Upon The Mountains is one that I along with many other male survivors are quoted in.

1) Victims No Longer
2) Leaping Upon The Mountains
3) Next Step Counseling

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”