Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Labyrinth Communication From Angels

Today I walked the labyrinth for the second time in my life at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Orlando, Florida. The first time was on June 28, 2010 with a friend of mine, Trish Kalhagen.

Last night as I was talking to my friend, Trish, on the phone about labyrinths, I felt the need to go and walk the labyrinth again. So I made plans and traveled to Orlando to do this. The weather was beautiful and the skies were clear and sunny.

When I got there, several ladies were outside enjoying their lunch time but they were extremely loud and obnoxious. They were sitting close to the labyrinth and I was hoping they would see what we were doing and be a little more quiet and respectful. However, that was not the case and as much as I tried to silence them in my mind, I was growing frustrated that they would not be respectful of what we were doing or even anyone else around that patio area. I felt it was very rude and so I ended up just stopping and sitting out there until they got up and left.

When they left, I once again started my walk and did the entire thing from the beginning. I focused on my breath and really tried to let go of the energy of these people. It was not easy but I knew that if I held on to what they did, it would stop whatever I needed to experience.

As I began to walk, I thought about all these things and my life. With each step I took, I could feel a presence around me of angels. The angels were many but there was one that was more dominant in speaking than the others. The words flowed from them to me like a continuous conversation sharing with me wisdom, support and love that I needed in my life.

It was not like I was hearing them audibly talk to me but the thoughts flowing into my mind was the communication that I was receiving from the angels. It was a thought pattern that was rapid thoughts one right after another with a volume of information about my life and where I was headed. It was communication that was supportive and full of love. I knew these weren't my thoughts for I cannot sustain this pace of things coming into my mind for this period of time.

I realize that I do pick up many things in small amounts throughout my day and meditation time but not to the extent that this was happening. This was the first time I have had the volume of information come through that I did. I was afraid that I would not be able to remember all of it and I was told by the angels that when I needed this information, it would be there in my life as a part of me. I would not have to worry about accessing it. It would become me. While I would love to share many of these things, I feel they are personal between me and the angels. I honor all that they shared with me and so I'd like to keep these words in this sacred space I now hold.

When I was done walking, I felt more peaceful and more centered in my life. It felt like my body was free and I just enjoyed the warmth and beauty of the skies and sun around me. The gentle brush of the wind was powerful. I'm so glad that I went down and walked the labyrinth because it truly was what I needed to do.

This time was much different from the first and I'm glad it was. I was not sure what to expect because I did not have my friend here with me. However, I just allowed myself to be on the labyrinth walking in whatever way unfolded. I did not try to do anything or bring anything about. I just allowed myself to be in that one moment of today. Outside of the distracting noises, I felt like I was walking in a sacred space. I know the angels were there with me because not only did I hear all that they had to say but I felt their presence. I am thankful for this experience and I am allowing myself to feel the peace of the walk.

Further Reading:

For More Information on Labyrinths, contact Trish Kalhagen

(c) 11/15/10 by Don Shetterly - use by permission only

3 comments:

  1. your reflection is beautiful. Although sometimes we don't realize, maybe the noisy ladies there were there for a reason. They made you think and be more persistent to the reason why you were there. they heightened your emotions and feelings, and sometimes during the times like that we are more able to communicate with the spirit world, because our vibrations/energy is higher than usual and our spirit is able to seek refuge from the outside noises.

    I am so happy that you are listening to your inner guidance, whether they are the loving angels that surround you, your spirit guides that accompany you or even the gentle wisdom of our creator. Their loving messages are always there, but many tend to think that it is the noise of their own mind. I can distinguish their words with my own active mind, their wisdom is always positive to make me grow as a person, loving gentle words. As you progress more and more, you will be in more tune with their vibration...although it is challenging in this noisy world to shut out the noise..that desire and love will see you through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are correct on the noisy ladies and I was actually holding the space open in mind to understand that better. Thank you for confirming what I was beginning to understand.

    I've noticed that as I spend more time each day in meditation and quiet stillness that I am connecting with so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is still so hard for me to quiet my mind down too..I wish I could just sit and just be. the time when I feel the peace and stand of time is when I talk with god, spirit guide,etc..than maybe because I so enjoy being in that space of time..I am able to block out all and stop my own thoughts,or allow them to step aside I guess.

    I am still learning , I have so much to learn and you know sometimes it may take me several days when I am mentally prepared to just sit and commune with the spirit world.

    I think one of the best things for spirituality is just aging, and the wisdom that comes with it. 30 is different, so is 40 and 50 and more. like a flower our petals open with time.

    ReplyDelete

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”