Friday, June 1, 2012

Somedays Thank You Is Difficult

Some times life is a challenge.  We all know that of course and I'm probably telling you nothing new.  Yet, I keep working on things because I'd like to find an easier way through challenges in my own life.  One of the things I noticed Dr. Wayne Dyer doing in the movie, The Shift, was that as he woke up in the morning, he would say thank you to the universe.

I have been trying to do this in the mornings lately, but to be honest, when the challenges keep slapping me upside the head, it is anything but easy to do.  I mean lately, it has been one thing after another.  I'm not talking superficial challenges either, but the kind that rock you to your core.  Like I said, it isn't always easy to do this!

However, I keep saying thank you.  If my life is upside down, I can hopefully at least trick my mind into believing there is hope and possibility.  Just as in the book, Breaking The Habit Of Being Yourself, sometimes we have to coax our mind into imagination, rather than just let our minds repeat the same scenarios over and over again.


It is those neural pathways that get burned in our brain which automatically reacts to whatever it is that is going on in our life.  We don't even have to think about it or even attempt to react, because the neural pathways are already notifying us that they have got us covered.  It is like our patterns of the past dictate to our present moment, instead of us living in the current moment.

Even though saying thank you is a challenge, I'm bound and determined, I'm going to keep this up until my neural pathways get a chance to rewire.  Sooner or later, they have got to get so confused that maybe they will rewire themselves and allow me to create new ones.  After all, living in the moment is much better than having our past experiences dictate our life.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Blog Post And Images (c) 5/27/12 Don Shetterly - use and reprint by permission only http://www.donshetterly.com You are welcomed to share the link to this blog post, but ask for for permission before reprinting this article. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”