Sunday, February 1, 2009

Essential Oils & Congestion



In case you're struggling with a stuffed up nose and congestion during this time of year, one of the things that I use is essential oils. I put it in a aromatherapy diffuser like the one in the picture (there are many different types of this). I light the little tea candle in the bottom of the diffuser and put some very clean water (distilled water is best) than I add the follow drops of essential oils.

4 drops of Lavendar
3 drops of Peppermint
7 drops of Eucalyptus
4 drops of Pine

This works wonders for me when I need to use it. Sometimes my allergies can kick up and this is usually all I need. It keeps me from taking Claritin like I used to do.

One thing to note is don't use cheap essential oils. Spend the money and get good quality ones. There is a difference between them in how they are harvested, processed and packaged. I know you can buy various oils in the health stores and local markets but most of the time you get what you pay for. When you consider how little you use in most things, a small bottle can last for some time. Always store your essential oils in a cool, dry place not in direct sunlight and they will last longer.

I buy my essential oils through www.youngliving.com because they are a very high quality essential oil. If you need essential oils, email me at don@donshetterly.com and I can get you set up with what you need and get you a good price!


IMPORTANT NOTE:  I  no longer buy my oils at Young Living.  Because of their dubious practices in sales, I found a much better supplier, http://www.anandaapothecary.com/   Ananda has wonderful customer service, high quality oils and great prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”