Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Agave Nectar - Fact Or Fiction?

On June 1, 2010, I posted a blog entry Agave Nectar, The High Fructose Health Food Fraud. While I realize that I'm no authority on this, I was blasted by a comment from various "unknown persons" citing absolutely no sources to back up what they were saying.

Now, I'm not saying they were wrong in what they said or that they were wrong to reply to me. Actually I am glad they did. However, I just cannot understand that if you are bashing someone for giving bad or inaccurate data, that this would be done by giving opinions instead of research and science based facts. Some sources of information would have been nice.

It boggles my mind for this and while I'm sure they have something to back up what they are saying, one would think that they would include this. For all I know, these people could be in the Agave industry and trying to spin things in their direction. Who knows? No one knows because they hid behind a screen name. It is anyone's guess who they are.

The thing is, it is very difficult to tell who is telling the truth in the Agave products. On each side, people are making statements as fact when they do not necessarily have anything to support them. The people against Agave probably have some very good points just as the people for this product. Like everything in the new age versus the main stream culture, gossip is disguised as fact.

Like I said - who really knows the truth. I don't expect the people that produce Agave to give the complete truth. I don't expect to hear it from the people who claim Agave is bad. But the one thing that is clear or seems to be clear on both sides of the issue is this is a manufactured product and if that is the case, than it is not a naturally occurring substance. If it isn't a natural substance than the health benefits have to be questioned in my mind.

I'm not going to sit here in this blog post though and tell you what to believe or what not to believe. You can google search this and see what conclusions you come up with. Maybe I should have added all of those search results in my post and then the people bashing me with their comments would have been more than happy. Who knows? And if people cannot do a search and check out information presented to them to draw their own conclusions, than there isn't much I can do about that.

So now it is up to you to read both blog posts and then do your own research to truly determine for yourself if Agave Nectar is fact or fiction. That's the best I can do in presenting information and making an argument because I doubt anyone will find the true answer in the information presented.

Some other articles online you may wish to read:

1) Agave Nectar: Good Or Bad?

2) Madhava - Agave Myth Buster

3) Dissecting The Agave Controversy


*For more articles, check out the Mind Body Thoughts Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”