Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Little Moments

When we do something that seems so insignificant and almost as if it was nothing more than a blip in our day but we touch the lives of others around us, we then have accomplished so much.

I'm reminded of this thought today as one of my writings found its way to touch someone's life and most likely the lives of many more.

A lady I met in a conference a few years ago was in my relaxation workshop. She remembered that I had written many poems and knew of the one “The Hope To See It Through”. It was in a collection I have published called "A Journey Through Words" available through lulu.com . She is working with some people in to get an organization off the ground which helps address youth violence and the problem these kids are facing. I don’t know too much about it but it sounds like a very worthy endeavor.

Anyway, she wanted to use my poem and asked permission to use it in their organization. I sent her the copy and she wrote me back saying just how much it touched her and how she feels it will really touch those she is working with but more importantly the kids. It was one of my poems that I really like and a very powerful one in my view.

It just warms up my heart to know that my words have touched someone in a very deep way and that where those words may end up, I’ll never know. It feels good to give to others and the universe and maybe some good will come out of the horrendous situations I lived through. That would be one of the greatest joys I could ever have, I believe.

I just had to share this with you today because it makes me feel very joyful just thinking about it.

Here's a few lines of the poem

The Hope To See It Through (first 4 lines)
(c) Don Shetterly - Jan 2000

The courage to face the impossible,
The strength to fight the fears,
The risk to take the chance,
The hope to see it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”