Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Massage Highlighted Issues In The Tissues

Ouch... those kinks in the tissues are saying "ouch!"  Yesterday, I went to one of the oriental massage places in the mall.  Normally I don't go for bodywork that is deep and hard, but sometimes it is what I need.  While I realized that I needed some bodywork, I didn't quite know that there were as many issues in my tissues.

I'm not really trying to make fun of it, but as he was working on me yesterday, I was like - oh my, I didn't know that pain was there.  As he kept moving from spot to spot, I kept finding places that were not happy and were feeling quite grouchy.

It is interesting that until we stop and notice, most of the time we don't even know we have pains and aches where they show up.  We are quite oblivious to them.  Yet, when we stop and focus on them, there they are in their shining glory to see.  Even if you want to ignore them, they would still be there.

Afterwards, I felt like I could go sleep for a day.  Unfortunately there were other things I had to get done, otherwise I would have curled up on the couch for a nice long nap.  Later in the day I did managed to get a nap in but I noticed that the pains had come on full force.

The pains continued to grow in my neck and shoulders which then started the headaches to start appearing.  I had to break down and take an Aleve just to reduce the pain level a little.  It was either that or I would not be able to sleep through the night.

Today, I feel better.  The pains have lessened but are still present.  I know if I just surrender to them and not latch on to each thing, I can let it go.  It is stuff from the issues in my tissues that needs to work out.

We all have issues in our tissues.  I picked that line up from a fellow massage therapist one time when we were doing chair massage.  The issues in the tissues bring out pains and all kinds of physical abnormalities.  If we ignore and neglect them, they may hide in there for awhile unnoticed, but sooner or later they will find a way to get our attention.

http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/10/stress-and-body-aches-and-pains.html

Everyone should have regular bodywork done on them, but for some reason people see it as a once a year luxury rather than a healthy maintenance thing they should do.  Even if you have regular work done, you'll still experience issues in the tissues.  The only difference is that you will work through them much quicker and they will not completely take over your physical life with serious health and pain complications.





Blog Post And Images (c) 2016 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”