Tuesday, July 14, 2009

With Courage Through Saddness


Some days, things go well and some days, it is a struggle. I'm fighting through some very difficult moments with a pet friend of mine who has been with me for 18 years. She has been through so much with me and sometimes if it wasn't for her, I'm not sure how I would have made it. Shortly after I got out of the hospital from my paralysis, she came into my life and has been there for me no matter what. I'm not sure how much time she has left in this world but even with the positive signs that shine through, I can see her days drawing to a close.

My heart is of course saddened with this but I know that she gave so much to me. There is so much more to the saga of life we share but for now, it is too difficult to write. And I know that as much as I want her around forever, I realize that I don't have that power or control to do this. All I can do at this moment is continue to love her and be with her till the very end.

In the end, I know that my life is much stronger, much more healthy and much better for having her in my life. That is something I carry with me through each remaining moment as I reach down deep within myself to find the courage to be there with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”