Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Before You Judge Me

So I see stuff posted to social media that really makes my head spin.  Often the people posting the stuff should heed the words rather than preaching to the world.  No, I'm not doing the same thing here.  I'm just trying to point out the hypocrisy. 


Today I saw the following one, "before you judge me, you better make sure you're perfect". 



It is a nice sentiment and maybe it would be best if we don't judge one another.

However, the individual that posted this is one of the most judgmental people I know.  If you don't follow his way of thinking and his beliefs about everything, you are wrong and bad stuff will happen to you.

In other words, it is far easier to post memes on social media than it is to live by what we preach.  I remember my Dad always telling me, "Don't do as I do, do as I tell you to do!"  Unfortunately, this is the way far too many act these days.

It really would be best if we stopped judging one another because when we do that, it makes us less than human.  It makes us less than the person we are judging because whatever issue we see, it is all that we see in them.

Maybe before posting memes on social media, it would be wise to look within and see that while you don't think you're judging, there is a good chance you are.  Please heed your own words.

No one is perfect of course, but judging others is a pretty low trait of being human.

By the way, the image on this blog post is cropped from the social media pages.  I'm assuming since everyone shares these like wildflowers, that it is okay to use this image.  If there is a copyright that prevents this, please let me know.  If you do prohibit me from sharing this, then I assume that whoever would stop all sharing on social media.





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 2/8/16 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”