Monday, November 21, 2011

Easy Thanksgiving Recipes Sweet Potato Casserole

Sweet Potato Casserole
Easy Thanksgiving Recipe

With the Thanksgiving Holiday getting close, I wanted to share a favorite and relatively easy recipe of mine, sweet potato casserole.  Actually, I usually don't wait until Thanksgiving to make this recipe because it is good at any time of the year!  Sweet Potatoes are delicious and a healthy food to eat!

I think this recipe may have come from a friend but I'm not 100% certain how I got it.  I do know that the first time I had ever had Sweet Potato Casserole, I was in North Carolina.  It was then that I fell in love with this delicious and easy dish!

Easy Thanksgiving recipes are always welcomed when you are preparing a Thanksgiving Dinner.  For me, I like the easy and simple recipes.  When they get too complicated, I usually just don't make the dish.

Sweet Potato Casserole (Don's Version)

Ingredients - Casserole
  • Approximately 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (2 - 4 sweet potatoes)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
  • 1 Cup Regular Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 bag miniature marshmallows 
Ingredients - Topping
  • 1 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 Cup Pecans
  • 1/3 Cup Flour
  • 1/3 (maybe even 2/3) Cup melted butter
Directions:
  1. Peel and cook sweet potatoes (as you would regular potatoes) in boiling water until soft and can be mashed.  Drain potatoes and mash together. 
  2. Mix together mashed potatoes, eggs, 1/3 cup melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
  3. Put into a buttered (sprayed) casserole dish.
  4. Mix together brown sugar, pecans, flour and second 1/3 cup melted butter (sometimes I use 2/3 cups melted butter instead).  You can add a dash of water if needed to mix these ingredients together.  Sprinkle them on top of the sweet potato mixture from step 3.
  5. In the last few 5 or so minutes of baking, I sprinkle miniature marshmallows on the top of the casserole so they can begin to melt together.
  6. Bake 35 minutes at 325 degrees.

I am sure there are a million ways to make this recipe but this one seems to be relatively easy for me to make and it tastes so good!  After all if you are preparing a meal, you don't want Thanksgiving to be any more stressful than it may already be.  I know if I'm preparing a meal, I stress out about every detail. 

Hopefully you enjoy this recipe and if you have anything different, please feel free to comment with the recipe that you use.


Related Blog Posts
1) Vegetable Lasagna (Aug 12, 2010)
2) Don's Vegetarian Mexican Pasta (Aug 23, 2011)




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post & Images (c) 11/18/11 Don Shetterly - use by permission only
http://www.donshetterly.com

If any part of this post is used or shared, a link back to this site is required.
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Please ask for permission before reprinting this article. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”