Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daily Affirmations For Male Survivors

By direct permission from Dr. Howard Fradkin, I am sharing these 10 daily affirmations for male survivors.

Howard Fradkin, Ph.D. is the Psychologist that appears on the Oprah Show for an historic, ground breaking, two part series of 200 Men who were molested that come forward.

In addition, Dr. Fradkin is the Co-Chairperson of Male Survivor Weekends of Recovery and a part of Affirmations Therapy.

Dr. Fradkin has worked with over 1000 male survivors of sexual abuse and says one of the first steps on the journey toward healing is to practice daily affirmations. He suggests saying the following affirmations out loud to yourself or to someone you trust.

1) Recovery is absolutely possible and achievable for me.

2) I will practice being disloyal to dysfunction and loyal to functionality.

3) I give myself permission to connect to loving, affirmative, strong, sensitive, accepting men and women in my community.

4) I release and forgive myself for any responsibility I have accepted in the past for my abuse.
5) The abuser(s) from the past chose to hurt me; I will stop repeating that lie that it just happened to me.

6) Offering myself daily compassion is necessary for my healing and growth.

7) I commit to connecting to the boy inside me today so we can play, laugh and experience joy together, even if just for a minute or two.

8) I believe deep inside me I possess the ability to face the truth of my abuse and to learn to use new tools for healing.

9) I have the right and ability to speak the truth of my abuse and deserve to be heard, understood, believed and supported.

10) Feeling is healing; as I heal, I develop the ability to experience a wider range of emotions to enhance my health and connections to others.

Further Reading:
1) How Could Anyone

2) Oprah, Tyler Perry and 200 Male Survivors Stand Together

3) Dr. Howard Fradkin, Affirmations Therapy

4) Male Survivor

1 comment:

  1. We at Survivors Healing Center would just like to thank you for having the courage to speak about such a prevalent and important issue. For any survivors out there who would like more information, please don't hesitate to call Survivors Healing Center at (831)423-7601.
    info@survivorshealingcenter.org
    2301 Mission Street, suite C-1
    Santa Cruz, CA, 95060
    or
    104 Walnut Ave, suite 208
    Santa Cruz, CA, 95060

    ReplyDelete

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”