Friday, October 5, 2012

Dare To Think Good Of Yourself

I couldn’t help but think of Joe Dispenza’s book today (Breaking The Habit Of Being Yourself).  Last week was monumental for me giving the talk on relaxation.  I was so happy and excited that I did it and it came out well.  It took a great deal for me to push through my fears and follow through, not giving up like I normally would.

However, not long after that, I started to sabotage myself with the old routine of thoughts like "how dare you think good of yourself".  I started to tear myself apart, and my ego started saying – you’re no good – that was nothing, etc, and so forth.  It was like my ego was trying so hard to destroy this new path I’m on.  As a result, I was getting upset at every little thing and today my body was in so much pain.

Finally, I got on the massage table and had a friend do some laying on of hands while I did things I know to do.  Just connecting with the painful areas and breathing into them while having the touch ground me, my physical body changed and with it, so did my mind.  I came off of the table work feeling more grounded, calmer and more at peace.  When we change the mind, we change the body and when we change the body, we change the mind.



Joe Dispenza talks a lot about how our neural pathways are so burned into us and to change them is not always easy.  I’m glad I saw this for what it was and could change the course of my day, rather than keep going into those negative and self defeating habits I’ve always known.  This is something I have done to myself so much throughout my life, that sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it.  Ever since the healing session at the first of August, life has been different.  It doesn’t mean everything is easy, but at least I’m operating from a different consciousness and awareness.

It is great to be able to share this with my friend as he really understands.  He was wondering what was up with me.  Not everyone out there understands and if they feel empathy towards you, the next thing they want to do is fix you.  In all reality, you don't need fixing, you just need support to walk through those difficult moments. 




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 9/19/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”