Thursday, October 11, 2012

Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast

I saw something similar on a google search the other to what I am about to share.  However, I can't find the link and I wish I could.  So, the thank you goes out to whoever it was.  You inspired me!  However, I'm making this different than what was shown anyway, so in many ways I was inspired their creation to create my own healthy oatmeal breakfast.

The way I create this oatmeal is to my taste.  You don't have to follow what I do.  You are free to create whatever it is that works for you, using ingredients that you enjoy and love.  I'm just giving the basic oatmeal breakfast that I find healthy and satisfying.

The other great thing about this recipe is that it doesn't take that long to make, doing it the way I do.  If you are in a hurry, than this should not take more than about 10 minutes to prepare and make this.  It might take a few minutes longer than that, but not much.  Here are the instructions and ingredients.



Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup Oatmeal (prepared as directed on package)
  • 2 Tablespoons Crushed Walnuts (Walnut Pieces)
  • 2 Tablespoons Sunflower Seeds (I used the unsalted ones)
  • 2 Tablespoons Crushed Pecans (Pecan Pieces)
  • 2 Tablespoons Dried Cranberries
  • 2 Tablespoons Dried Pomegranate and Berries
  • Cinnamon (to taste)



Directions:

  1. Prepare ingredients.  I usually assemble all the nuts and dried berries together with the cinnamon, so I can just dump them in as the oats as they are cooking.
  2. Prepare the oats according to the package.  After you have poured the oats in the boiling water, let them cooking for a little bit and then pour in the nuts and berries mixture.  Add cinnamon if you have not added that to the berries and nuts mixture.
  3. Let it cook the moisture down for a little bit more time and then let it stand for just a few moments.
  4. It is now ready to serve in whatever way you like to eat it.  


It is a great tasting breakfast and it is healthy.  You could just as easily cut up apples or other fruit that you may have and put it in there.  You can add more or less to the oatmeal and it will stay taste just as good.  This is just one way of doing it and I hope that what I have written here inspires you to add this healthy breakfast dish to your kitchen.

If you like other healthy vegetarian recipes, check out "Don's Vegetarian Mexican Pasta".




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Post And Images (c) 8/7/12 by Don Shetterly

  • Permission required before any part of this blog post is reprinted, reworded or used in any form. 
  • You are welcomed to share the LINK to this blog post.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE:

LINKS IN COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.

SEE COMMENT POLICY

Copyright




Blog Post And Images (c) 1/01/07 by Don Shetterly
  • Permission required in writing before any part of this blog is reprinted, reworded, transmitted or used in any format.
  • Feel free to share the blog post LINK and a brief summary.
  • https://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com

  • “Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.”